Montgomery R.N. Scholarship
For Students Pursuing a Registered Nurse Degree
Freda P. and Millard R. Montgomery, long time residents of Johnson County, believed that Johnson County had been good to them and they decided to give something back. Because of their interest in nursing, they have established a program to provide Registered Nursing scholarships through the Johnson Memorial Hospital Foundation.
The Johnson Memorial Hospital Foundation will select winners based on the following:
1. Applicant has submitted a completed application.
2. Applicant qualifies to apply based on individual scholarship criteria.
3. Applicants will be scored using criteria outlined in the procedures below and awarded based on the highest score.
The following procedure will be used to rank applicants for the Fred P. and Millard R. Montgomery Registered Nursing Scholarship according to scholastic ability and financial need.
1. Applicants will be scored and ranked on prior academic performance including GPA and Class Rank.
2. Applicants will be scored and ranked on SAT scores.
3. Applicants will be scored and ranked on cumulative GPA in math, science and health-related studies.
4. Applicants will be scored and ranked on financial need.
5. Top applicant will receive award.
The completed application must be sent to the Johnson Memorial Hospital Foundation by April 2, 2013. Applications that do not conform to the requirements will not be considered.