Nursing Lifelong Learning Scholarship
For Continuing Education of JMH Nurses
To financially assist RNs employed at Johnson Memorial Hospital in pursuing the completion of a Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing from an NLN/CCNE accredited program. The JMH Foundation for BSN Completion Scholarship will be awarded and distributed bi-yearly.
The Johnson Memorial Hospital Foundation will select winners based on the following:
1. Applicant must be an RN currently employed at Johnson Memorial Hospital and who is scheduled to work
a minimum of 30 hours per pay period as recorded on their Personnel Action Notice on file in the Human Resources Department
2. Applicant must currently hold an Associates Degree in Nursing and is pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Nursing
3. Applicant must be registered for at least 3 credit hours bi-yearly and must be enrolled at the time of application. Proof of enrollment to JMH Foundation within 30 days of when the request is made.
4. Applicant must maintain a passing grade of B or higher to be eligible for future funding
5. Applicant must be enrolled in an NLN/CCNE accredited nursing program
6. Scholarship funds must be used for tuition
7. The total combined reimbursement from the hospital’s tuition assistance program and this scholarship cannot exceed 100% of the cost of tuition, books, and laboratory/technology fees. If combined discounts and scholarship exceed total costs, the employee will not receive a refund
8. Tuition/fees are estimated and may not include all actual costs
9. The employee agrees to endorse the JMH tuition reimbursement refund to the Foundation
*Tuition reimbursement varies (see JMH Human Resources Tuition Reimbursement Policy on the JMH InfoNet)
BASIS OF AWARDING SCHOLARSHIP:
The Scholarship will be awarded based on enrollment in an accredited BSN program. Applicant must meet the work and grade eligibility mentioned above.
The completed application must be submitted to the Johnson Memorial Hospital Foundation by June 30, 2019. Applications that do not conform to the requirements will not be considered.